[Wien] potential well depth

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Feb 27 07:42:45 CET 2015

Now we start to understand what you want.

You have to create manually some distorted structures (corresponding to the
potential well you want to investigate) and calculate E-tot.
Then plot E-tot vs. distortion.

It is your task, to define the distortions (eg. in SrTiO3 it could be a
simple rigid rotation of the octahedra, but that could be done in various ways,
or there could be (additional) tilting, .....

Am 26.02.2015 um 13:45 schrieb Mohammed Abujafar:
> Dear WINE2k developers and users,
> Hi,
> I am concerning about reading the  value of the potential depth well from the DFT results ,for an example SrTiO3 compound in perovskite structure.How can I get it?Your help
> is highly appreciated.Thanks a lot in advance.
> With best regards
> Mohammed
>

> On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:09 AM, Mohammed Abujafar <mabujafar at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> Dear developers and Wien2k users,,
> Hi,
> Do you have an idea about implementing the potential well depth in eV   and width with certain number of unit cells.
> Thank you very much in advance
> With best regards
> Mohammed

Peter Blaha