[Wien] Reg: How to comment on the more interstitial DOS value at the fermi level

Peram sreenivasa reddy peramsreenivas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:14:18 CET 2015

Dear Wien2k,

I am working on the Heusler compound. My compound is like X2YZ  type. In
the density of states (DOS) calculations i got the values as bellow at the
fermi level.

for total compound (X2YZ)   30.95 (states/Ry)
For X                                  16.49 (States/Ry)
For Y                                   4.46 (States/Ry)
For Z                                    0.38 (States/Ry)
for interstitial                         9.62 (States/Ry)

  Here my question is that the DOS value from the interstitial region is
more (it is more than Y and Z atoms contribution). How can i comment on
this value?.

Please give suggestions..

Thank you very much in advance.

--
*P.V.SREENIVASA REDDY*

*Research ScholarDepartment of Physics *
*Indian Institute of Technology*
*Hyderabad*