[Wien] Deviation of elastic constants from reference values

Muhammad Sajjad sajjadpu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 14:23:10 CET 2015

I have repeated the calculations many times but could not get the
comparable values. Although change of XC potential provides C44 values very
close to that of experimental study but other elastic constants C11, C12
deviates widely. As I am doing first time such calculations so do not have
much idea how to work in right direction.

Waiting for suggestions

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Muhammad Sajjad <sajjadpu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear P. Bala
> I did not select the spin. sometime I got negative values. What number of
> k-points i should select then?
> Kind regards
>
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 5:18 AM, Peter Blaha <pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
> > wrote:
>
>> Did you make a spin-polarized calculation ???
>> C44 gets soft without magnetism (phase transition to non-magnetic fcc/hcp
>> Fe)
>>
>> And 3000k (in the full BZ) for Fe ??? Very inaccurate.
>>
>> Am 10.01.2015 um 18:42 schrieb Muhammad Sajjad:
>>
>>> Dear Users
>>>
>>> I am using WINE2K 11 version and computing elastic constants for Fe.
>>>
>>> The computed elastic constants are
>>> c11 = 304.760951
>>> c12 = 118.317319