[Wien] primitive cell for PHON

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Jan 17 00:07:07 CET 2015

You could try the following to see if it gives what you want.

1) Use makeprimitive of the structeditor to convert your conventional
case.struct to a primitive one.

In a terminal:

octave
s=loadstruct("case.struct")
sout=makeprimitive(s)
savestruct(sout,"case_primitive.struct")

For makeprimitive, refer to section "9.26 structeditor" of the WIEN2k
14.2 usersguide on page 200 [
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf ].

2) Open case_primitive.struct in VESTA and save in VASP format
(case_primitive.vasp).