[Wien] Job distribution problem in MPI+k point parallelization

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 27 16:54:32 CET 2015

It should actually be only 4 lapw1_mpi jobs running with this setup.

How did you find this: using "top" or ps  ???

Do you have thread-parallelization on ? (OMP_NUM_THREAD=2 ???) Then it
doubles the processes (but you gain nothing ...)

It could also be that your mpirun definition is not ok with respect of
you version of mpi, ...

PS: I hope it is clear, that such a setup is useful only for testing.
the mpi-program on 2 cores is "slower/at least not faster" than the
sequential program on 1 core.