[Wien] lapw2 -almd -band

Priyanka Seth priyanka.seth at polytechnique.edu
Tue Jan 27 19:59:57 CET 2015

Hello,

I am writing in reference to an issue previously raised that I too have
encountered. At the moment, on both Wien2k v14 and v13, running x lapw2
-almd -band is unsuccessful with the following error:

>   Error in LAPW2
>   'FERMI' - number of k-points inconsistent when reading kgen
>   'FERMI' - check IN1 and KGEN files!

This step is necessary to run dmftproj -band.

However, if I manually modify the case.in2 file after x lapw1 -band has
completed and replace TETRA with ROOT and TOT with QTL, following the
recommendation in the message below (sorry, I could not reply to the
thread message), x lapw2 -almd -band runs successfully.

Perhaps you could make the necessary modifications in the lapw2 script
such that both options (-almd and -band) can be passed together for the
next release?

Best wishes,
Priyanka Seth
---

[Wien] lapw2 error.
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&q=subject:%22%5BWien%5D+lapw2+error.%22&o=newest>

Peter Blaha
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&q=from:%22Peter+Blaha%22>
Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:10:41 +0100
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&q=date:20121112>

I don't know if -almd and -band works properly together. Never tried.

In any case, check your lapw2.def and case.in2(c) file. The "-band" option
should change TETRA to ROOT and ALSO set QTL (instead of TOT or FOR) in
case.in2.

If the "Fermi-method is still TETRA, it stops since it finds out that
you bandstructure-kmesh is of course incompatible with TETRA.