[Wien] Wien2k installation issues

Soumya J. Ray ray.sjr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:48:40 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to install Wine2k on ubuntu 14.10 (AMD Optetron 64 bit). I
followed the installation commands as mentioned in the manual, which came up
with an error message while running the command: ./siteconfig_lapw

It came with this message:

You must change your LOCALE !

The command printf "%5.3f" 0.15 prints 0,15 instead of 0.15

Set LC_NUMERIC globally or in your startup files, like:

setenv LC_NUMERIC en_US in .cshrc or

export LC_NUMERIC=en_US in .bashrc

siteconfig can only continue when your LOCALE is corrected

I tried setting up these variables in the .cshrc file and .bashrc file using
these commands,

nano .cshrc

nano .bashrc

which didn't fix the problem. As a result when running the command
./userconfig_lapw, it came with this message

     *                        WIEN 2k                        *

     *                  user configuration                   *

     WARNING:

     No installation information could be retrieved!

     Make sure that your system has been set up

     correctly using siteconfig_lapw!

I am guessing the file paths are not correct probably. Could you please let
me know how to set up these variables and also the WINE path ?

Thanking in advance,

S. Ray