[Wien] core leakage problem

Muhammad Sajjad sajjadpu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:27:07 CEST 2015

Dear All
I am performing structural relaxation for Si (100) with H at its top and
bottom (structure is attached, vacuum is 12 A).  I have inspect the mailing
list in detail (like
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/DFT_and_LAPW_2nd.pdf AND
http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=core+leakage&l=wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at)
and have resolved the issue by selecting SE -12, but the calculation hang
out after LAPW0. Inspection of lapw1_1.error message is "Error in LAPW1".
Please suggest me the possible solution.

One more thing I found in the list "

If
you have core leakage, inspect in case.outputst whether you can take
some high-lying core states as valence states instead

"
Is it possible to make it manually with same SE ? or simple done by
lowering down SE as I did?

Many thanks