[Wien] List of WIEN2k users

Mohamed Azzouz mazzouz at laurentian.ca
Wed Jul 15 20:48:38 CEST 2015

Dear Peter,

Could you please add my student Brendan Morningstar (Email address: bx_morningstar at laurentian.ca)
to the list of WIEN2k users. He will be using WIEN2k. He is copied on this email.

Best regards,

Dr. Mohamed Azzouz, Professor
Department of Physics
Laurentian University
935 Ramsey Lake Road
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada   P3E 2C6
Phone: 1-705-675-1151 Ext. 2224
Email: mazzouz at laurentian.ca
>>> Peter Blaha <pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at> 3/13/2015 7:28 AM >>>
Dear WIEN2k users,

I've created a website for our workshop in Singapore and registration is
now open.

Venue: Institute of High Performance Computing (IHCP), Singapore
Date:  June 24-27, 2015

Registration fee before 20.May: 450 SGD
Registration fee after 20.May:  550 SGD
Student registration fee before 20. May: 350 SGD
Conference dinner:  30 SGD

Topics of the workshop
     Introduction to density functional theory
     Introduction to the APW+lo method
     Concepts of WIEN2k
     Use of the web-based graphical user interface (w2web) as well as
the command-line interface
     DFT+U, hybrid-DFT, GW, BSE and optical properties
     Core level spectroscopy (XPS, XAS, EELS)
     NMR chemical shifts and quadrupole interactions, hyperfine interactions
     Relativistic effects, collinear and non-collinear magnetism
     Advanced topics and new features in WIEN2k (building models with
supercells, structure optimization, phonons, Wannier functions, Berry
phases ... )
     discussions and exchange of experience between users and developers
     Poster session

     Extensive hands-on sessions with guided examples (or your own
problems) tutored by Wien2k-experts.

This is a great opportunity for new/less experienced users to learn the
basics of WIEN2k, but also for somehow experienced ones to become an
"expert".

Please visit http://www.wien2k.at for more information and registration.