[Wien] question regarding magetic moment

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Sun Jul 19 20:04:46 CEST 2015

Dear Rishi
Indeed, WIEN2K provides numbers with 4 digits however it does not mean that the value is accurate up to 4 digits.
The accuracy will depend on:
- the convergence criteria you are using.
- the RMT you are using. Indeed the magnetic moment for each atom is estimated inside the muffin-tin radius you have defined. If you use small RMT you will have a significant discrepancy.

In addition, you must think about the experimental accuracy. For magnetic moment, I usually consider 2 digits not more.

Regards
Xavier