[Wien] Reconstructed Si 100 surface

Muhammad Sajjad sajjadpu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:59:39 CEST 2015

Thank you Pablo
But I am required to connect two Si atoms at the surface to reduce one
dangling bond and then put H or may be H is not needed if both of the
dangling bonds have possibility of omitting. I am reading the paper but
could not understand although Fig. 2 is looking easy to understand. WHat is
2*1 or 2*2 or 2*4 ? are the super-cells like 2*1*1 or 2*2*1 etc.

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 6:22 PM, delamora <delamora at unam.mx> wrote:

>  This is the same that I simplified and symmetized. If you are going to
> add H then you need set the space group as P1 (#1) so the H can move freely
> and not in a symmetrical path.
>
> Now, if you use my proposed structure then you can put inversion (SG P-1,
> #2) and add two H, one on each surface, but in a symmetric way.
>
> Other thing, maybe my proposed structure is too small and your structure
> is ok, but I would symmetrize as I explained in an earlier message.
>
>                        Pablo

Kind Regards
Muhammad Sajjad
Post Doctoral Fellow