[Wien] how to cut a surface

Michael Sluydts michael.sluydts at ugent.be
Thu Jun 25 09:20:30 CEST 2015

There is a structeditor package provided with wien2k which is capable of
performing these tasks. It uses the open source matlab equivalent octave
and allows you to script the generation of surfaces (this can be useful
when you want to generate many labs with different slab or vacuum
thickness using a for loop). This also means you can extend it with your
own functions, though there are some other packages available online
with some additional functionalities (grain boundaries, etc).

For the structeditor see section 9.26 in the user guide:
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf

Best regards,

Michael Sluydts