[Wien] reletivistic effects

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Mar 12 08:01:27 CET 2015

By default, WIEN2k do scalar relativistic calculations, i.e.
- relativistic calculations for the core states inside the muffin-tin
spheres
- non-relatativistic calculations for the valence states

To include relativistic effects for the valence states you must do
spin-orbit calculations on top of your PBE-GGA calculation.
More details are available here:

http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/WIEN2k_lecture-notes_2013/Relativity-NCM.pdf

and here:

http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/novak_lecture_on_spinorbit.pdf