[Wien] DOS spin polarized in WIEN2k-14.2

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Thu Mar 19 05:57:48 CET 2015

I think that I can confirm this problem in WIEN2k 14.2 and probably
older versions too. It seems to happen when ymax is left as an empty
field.  I think the problem comes from how the fmax program (fmax.f in
SRC_trig) tries to find ymax.  On line 21 in fmax.f, it seems like it
wants to loop from the minimum to maximum x value (i.e., energy) and
check y values (i.e., DOS values) to see if it is ymax.  However, since
the ee variable is set to 0, it probably never starts at the minimum x
value where ymax might exist.  A quick, but possibly sloppy, fix would
probably be to set the ee variable to a large negative energy value
(like -999999).

A similar problem might also exist for Pinver.f in SRC_trig, which it
looks like is used to find ymin when plotting both spins at once with
neg spin-dn.