[Wien] Error message during compilation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Mar 24 02:38:49 CET 2015

Look at the compile.msg file in SRC_lapw0 with a text editor.  It will
probably contain additional error information on why your gcc failed to
compile the C source code into the object files (cputim.o and W2kutils.o).

Also, I suggest that you download and install the current WIEN2k
version. Even if you are able to compile the old 2010 version of WIEN2k,
there is a good chance that you will encounter at least one of the bugs
listed at

http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/updates/

and have to upgrade anyway to the latest WIEN2k version to fix the problem.