[Wien] Position of Atoms in AFM calculation.

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri May 1 19:40:51 CEST 2015

Dear Pablo you are wrong
Below you find that Murugan uses for the AFM set up

Dy 1 (000) and Dy2 (0.5,0.5,0.5 )
Pd(0.25,0.25,0.25) Bi (0.75,0.75,0.75) .

put it in space group 216 and use XCrysden to see the result, it is NOT DyPdSb
try what happens if you don't name Dy 1 and 2 but leave it open in the structure generator
I think the symmetry will be changed to F m-3m (225) instead of  F -43m (216).

For an so called half-Heusler structure you will find different types of AFM order that are described in different space groups (or say better that result in diferent symmetries)
fort example if Nd is the atom where the magnetic moments couple antiferromagnetically than you may have
AFM-I   ==> P -4m2 (113)
AFM-II  ==>  R 3m (160)
AFM-III ==> I -42d (122)

Now, before asking what is the correct structure, one needs to think about what one likes to do.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University