[Wien] A few (more) elementary -so questions (with onsite -eece)

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 6 14:30:28 CEST 2015

Sorry, the comment was confusing.

The spin moments specified in the initial configuration of course point
along the axis specified by the direction.

What I wanted to point out is that for symmetry reasons this is the only
meaningfull component you can specify. In this sense symmetry comes
first. The direction is more than just the spin direction. Its the only
direction along which any vector operator that Wien2k can represent in
the given case can point.

Someone should correct me if I am wrong, but in my understanding this is
(one of) the reason(s) that Wien2k can only cope with collinear magnetic
moments: The axial symmetry is introduced as a global symmetry. The
direction of the axis is the same in all muffin-tin spheres. I expect
the Wienncm code handles this on basis of the local symmetry.

---
Dr. Martin Pieper
Karl-Franzens University
Institute of Physics