[Wien] Help regarding magnetic moment

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Wed May 20 09:03:37 CEST 2015

On 20.05.2015 09:20, Rishi Singh wrote:
>                     I have calculated the magnetic moment of TbFe3
> having (166 R-3m symmetry)
> rhombohedral with hexagonal phase. It comes to be as
> Magnetic moment in interstitial region:0.04754
> Magnetic moment on sphere one:5.37467
> Magnetic moment on sphere two: 3.07170
> however the literature values have been reported as 3.13μB reported in

A very quick look through the paper: they found a firrImagnetic order.
Have you considered a negative iron moment?
If not - edit the case.inst file (make the starting Fe moment negative),
try and find the ferrImagnetic solution, compare the total energies of
ferrI- and ferrOmagnetic solutions and then check the moments.

Best wishes
   Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 432045(office), 722529(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at ftiudm.ru, lyuka17 at mail.ru (office)
         lyuka17 at gmail.com (home)
Skype:  lyuka17 (home), lyuka18 (office)
http://ftiudm.ru/content/view/25/103/lang,english/