[Wien] How to recognize that which peak of EELS comes from which adsobant ?

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Thu May 21 07:28:42 CEST 2015

As you can probably tell from Prof. Marks valued comment, I'm not an
expert on EELS.  Sorry, the theoretical part of what I said before is
not correct.  In WIEN2k, you should be able to calculate the ELNES parts
of the EELS spectrum.  See the description of case.innes in the Telnes3
section of the WIEN2k usersguide.  Rather than having to 'identify' the
element (atom), it looks like you have to 'specify' what the
inequivalent atom is and what the energy-loss of the 1st edge should
be.  If I now understand your question correctly, you are asking about
how to identify and understand the peaks in ELNES spectra.  I don't know
in detail, but I think that is done using an overlap population
diagram.  You should be able to read more about it in the document and
references contained therein at:

http://www.congre.co.jp/amtc4/pdf/amtc03/amtc_3_068.pdf

Also, you might what to have a look at the WIEN2k ELNES documents on the
WIEN2k website [ http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/ ].