[Wien] How to use the ElaStic1.0 package to calculate the elastic properties

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat May 30 19:39:30 CEST 2015

The environment variable [
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable ] ElaSticROOT needs to
contain the location path to where you have ElaStic.  The ElaStic
program needs to know where it is located on your system, the
ElaSticROOT is used to tell the ElaStic program where you put it.

Below is an example of when ElaStic is decompressed in the home directory.

In a terminal,

username at computername:~/Desktop$ cd ~
username at computername:~$ wget
http://exciting.wdfiles.com/local--files/elastic/ElaStic_1.0.tar.gz
username at computername:~$ tar xzvf ElaStic_1.0.tar.gz
username at computername:~$ ls -l $ElaSticROOT/README
ls: cannot access /README: No such file or directory
username at computername:~$ gedit ~/.bashrc

At the end of the .bashrc file, add the following line (where "username"
should be replaced by your account name) :

export ElaSticROOT=/home/username/ElaStic_1.0

then save the changes to .bashrc.

username at computername:~$ source ~/.bashrc
username at computername:~$ ls -l $ElaSticROOT/README
-rw------- 1 username username 7297 May 22  2013
/home/username/ElaStic_1.0/README