[Wien] passing env variables to lapw1 and 2

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Nov 10 15:32:39 CET 2015

A partial solution is to include them in $WIENROOT/parallel_options, as all
the parallel routines source this file. You may be able to tweak this for
what you want, but since I don't know exactly what you want to set I am not
sure.

N.B., if you are using openmpi then you have to enable transfer for
variables in the mpi call command, and perhaps for other flavors as well.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Pavel Ondracka <pavel.ondracka at email.cz>
wrote:

> Dear Wien2k mailing list,
>
> I'm having some troubles passing environmental variables (eg.
> OMP_NUM_THREADS or similar) to lapw1 and lapw2. This works in serial
> mode where the lapw* programs are called directly, however in parallel
> mode they are run through remote shell and all environmental info is
> lost.
> I can declare them in my .bashrc and then it works (since the .bashrc
> is reloaded when remote shell is spawned) however i would  like to
> specify them per task.
> One solution I had in mind was to go through AcceptEnv in sshd however
> this is considered insecure according to cluster admins an is disabled.
> Another option is to modify the wien scripts to include the required
> variables when calling the remote shell, however at the moment I'm
> wondering if there is more universal and elegant solution?
> Any ideas?
>
> Best regards
> Pavel Ondračka

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu
Corrosion in 4D: MURI4D.numis.northwestern.edu
Co-Editor, Acta Cryst A
else has thought"
Albert Szent-Gyorgi