[Wien] passing env variables to lapw1 and 2

Elias Assmann elias.assmann at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:40:03 CET 2015

On 11/10/2015 03:49 PM, Luis Ogando wrote:
> What about to include them in the job submission script ?

The trouble with this is when processes on other nodes are started
with ssh.  Then, the environment is not passed on (and the OP says the
option to do so is disabled on his cluster).

FWIW, I always put my settings in ~/.bashrc, but the suggestion with
‘parallel_options’ is certainly cleaner.  Of course, if you need to
set a variable on a per-job basis for many jobs, it is still troublesome.

If you unset ‘mpi_remote’ during configuration, passing variables
through MPI should work for lapw{1,2} (as long as you are using MPI,
of course).  But even so, some commands (the ones that do not have an
MPI version, I guess) are still run through ssh.

	Elias