[Wien] not reproducing MM in Cr

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:55:28 CEST 2015

Thank you Prof Fecher and Dobysheva for quick reply

Yes, have 2 different MMI with opposite sign and the total moment is
vanishing:
ENE: -4203.54292098
MMTOT: 0.00000
MMI001: 1.22740
MMI002: -1.22701

But these are not in accordance with the exercise 5 mentioned at
I was trying to reproduce the results as mentioned in exercise 5
http://www.wien2k.at/events/ws2008/talks/Exercises_08.pdf

I got almost same ENE and MMI but not in agreement with reporthed in avove
link (exc. - 5).
Where I am doing mistack??

I am using lates version of Wien2k and latest version of MKL+ifort on
Lanovo laptop.

It was mentioned in UG at page no 46 in 4.5.4
that if we flip our spin in case.inst then we can run a simple runsp_lapw
calculation for AFM calculation and following it I flipped spin in
*.inst and proceeded with simple runsp_lapw -cc 0.001 -NI command.
and got the results mentioned above.

Now I tried in addition to previous procedure (fliped spins in Cr.inst,
SP-yes, AFM-yes and inclmcopy
file was generated. Then I runafm_lapw -cc 0.001 -NI

ENE: -4203.54292480
MMTOT: 0.00000
MMI001: 1.22580
MMI002: -1.22580

Now we that the difference in energy is in last three digit and in MMI at
third digit after point for both procedures.
But according to "UG page no 46 in 4.5.4" both should be same. This minor
difference indicates any problem??

Sincerely
Bhamu

S. Kothari Postdoc Fellow)Department of PhysicsGoa University, Goa-403
206IndiaMob. No.  +91-9782911977*