[Wien] CHARGE DENSITY --> TOTAL CHARGE

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Oct 12 11:43:24 CEST 2015

Rather than giving the answer to the original question, I think it is
better to try and encourage people to solve problems themselves -- perhaps
I am being too much of an teacher, but that is my approach.

So, let me pose a question in response to the original question. What is
the relationship between summing a set of values on a grid and the integral
of a function sampled at a set of grid points. Think about this, and the
reason why the numbers are very different will be obvious.

If they still do not completely agree (they wont), then think about the
accuracy of numerical integration. It is quite important in DFT codes to
remember that numerical integrations are never exact, and this leads to
many small limitations.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 3:39 AM, Elias Assmann <elias.assmann at gmail.com>
wrote:

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu
Corrosion in 4D: MURI4D.numis.northwestern.edu
Co-Editor, Acta Cryst A
else has thought"
Albert Szent-Gyorgi