[Wien] Serial installation of WIENNCM package: we need guru!

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Fri Sep 11 11:53:11 CEST 2015

Now I remember that case: I also could not make the compilation of this
program, and as it is only for making a starting density, I had simply
copied the dstart from wien2k to wienncm package. Now I looked into the
problem more attentively. There are the following lines in the Makefile:
#  Routines which can be compiled unmodified
OBJS1 = module.o errclr.o ...
#  Routines which may require preprocessing before compiling
PREOBJS = module.o
OBJS = $(PREOBJS) $(OBJS1)

So, you can see module.o appears twice in OBJS. I think the problem lies
here. I do not know why this preprocessing is here, but if you put the line
OBJS = $(OBJS1)
instead of the last one - the problem should be solved.

But I'd say we need a quick consultation from guru: is it safe?

Best wishes
   Lyudmila Dobysheva

09.09.2015 17:14, Bramhachari Khamari wrote:
 >>> I took the
 >>> 'cputim.o' file from wien2k directory (SRC_dstart) and put into
 >>> SRC_dstart of WIENNCM. After recompiling I got the following
 >>> message in compile.msg file
 >>> module.o: In function `param._':
 >>> module.f:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `param._'
08.09.2015 17:14, Bramhachari Khamari wrote:
> I am not able  to install(serial installation) WIENNCM package
> There was no compilation error in the directories except in SRC_dstart.
> SRC_dstart/compile.msg:ifort: error #10236: File not found:  'cputim.o'
> SRC_dstart/compile.msg:make: *** [dstart] Error 1.

Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 432045(office), 722529(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at ftiudm.ru, lyuka17 at mail.ru (office)
         lyuka17 at gmail.com (home)
Skype:  lyuka17 (home), lyuka18 (office)
http://ftiudm.ru/content/view/25/103/lang,english/