[Wien] basic query for band gap

McLeod, John jam926 at mail.usask.ca
Tue Sep 15 05:33:00 CEST 2015

May I suggest if you have a query related to a specific paper (especially a paper that does not involve WIEN2k...) you try contacting the corresponding author of that paper directly?

Then may I also suggest that you review the appropriate references?

I looked at the three papers briefly, and it seems there is no contradiction, just some misinterpretation.

The two references, Nie and Yanagi, both explicitly discuss the DIRECT band gap at the conduction band MINIMUM, which in both cases occurs at the gamma-point.

The CPB paper discusses the MINIMUM DIRECT band gap, which occurs at the L-point in those compounds.

Look at the band structure diagrams (Figure 1 in the CPB paper, Figure 2a in Nie's paper, and Figure 5a in Yanagi's paper) and you will see what the respective authors are talking about.

Regards,
-John