[Wien] Diference in EFG values

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 16 10:57:21 CEST 2015

Hello Stefaan and Muhammad

 From the Wien2k UG, chapter 7.1 on lapw0, I take it that Wien2k
calculates the potential, and from that the EFG, from the TOTAL electron
density. For lapw0 explicitely including interstitials, for the
decomposition in lapw2 (chapter 7.7) explicitely only the electron
density in the atomic sphere. So as a reminder to Muhammad there may
appear (minor) differences within Wien2k between the two methods.

But in my understanding both calculations in Wien2k always include core,
semi-core, and valence electrons (within the atomic sphere)? The
difference to VASP can then occure because that code only considers core
states for the EFG?

Best regards,

Martin

---