[Wien] formation energy

Lan, Wangwei wl13c at my.fsu.edu
Fri Sep 25 00:01:51 CEST 2015

Dear WIEN2k user:

I am interested in the formation energy. I've searched the mailing address, but I still can't get it. I found the definition of formation energy is like this (Ga15MnN16 for example)  :

formation energy = total ENE of Ga15MnN16 -15*total ENE for Ga metal in standard state structure - 1* total ENE for Mn metal in standard state structure - 16* total ENE for N in standard structure

In our system, it's TbOCl, does that mean:

formation energy = = total ENE of TbOCl - tot ENE for Tb metal in standard state structure - tot ENE for O in standard state - Cl in standard state. ?

If that is correct, what is the standard state structure for O and Cl? Do we need to do several other calculations for Tb metal or O standard state to get the formation energy?

Thanks very much.

Sincerely

Wangwei Lan