[Wien] Non-commercial Intel fortran

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Apr 2 08:11:35 CEST 2016

Yeah, the MKL (Math Kernel Library) is currently offered by Intel as a
free tool to Academic Researchers but not the Fortran (ifort) and C
(icc) compilers.

When you downloaded the free 30 day trial, you probably saw for example
that the Composer Edition of Linux Fortran (ifort + MKL) on the Try and
Buy webpage [ https://software.intel.com/en-us/fortran-compilers/try-buy
] normally sales for $999 for a Named User New License at this time.

However, Academic Researchers should be able to buy it at a discounted
price.  It is best to contact Intel ( academicdevelopersinfo at intel.com )
or an Intel reseller [
https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-software-products-resellers/ ]
for the latest Academic Researcher pricing, but the academic pricing
list at the following link should give an idea of about how much it
might cost an Academic Researcher:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/academic-pricing

The academic pricing list shows after discount a price of $449 for a
Named User New License of Composer Edition of Linux Fortran on March 10,
2015.

As you also probably saw on the Free Software Development Tools site (by
clicking the Student link), Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition (which
includes ifort, icc, and MKL) is currently offered to students for
qualified uses that are under the terms of the Non-Commercial License.
Similar offerings are currently given by Intel for Educators and Open
Source Contributors.