[Wien] Dielectric function , HSE (YS-PBE0) and spin-orbit coupling

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 23 17:02:16 CEST 2016

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to combine the -hf and -so options
simultaneously, but probably this will be possible in the next WIEN2k
release. At the moment, the best is maybe to do what you suggest, but
you need to follow the steps below

1) run_lapw -hf ...
2) cp case.klist_fbz case.klist
3) cp case.kgen_fbz case.kgen
4) cp case.vectorhf case.vector
5) cp case.energyhf case.energy
6) initso_lapw (do NOT add any relativistic LO)
7) x lapwso (WITHOUT -p)
8) x lapw2 -fermi -so (WITHOUT -p)
9) cp $WIENROOT/SRC_templates/case.inop case.inop (same for injoint and inkram)
10) modify case.in/op/joint/kram according to your needs.
11) x optic -so (WITHOUT -p)
12) x joint
13) x kram

Before "run_lapw -hf ..." choose emax in case.in1(c) and
nband in case.inhf, which are large enough also for SO and optic,
but don't specify an excessively large nband in order to avoid
hybrid calculations that are too expensive. This is nband which will
determine the range of energy for plotting the optic spectra.

F. tran