[Wien] Tb metal

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Dec 5 23:28:11 CET 2016

Why do you state that Wien2k is wrong?

What you really should be saying is that you got different results.

If you read that paper carefully, you will see that they state "The
occupancy of the minority 4f orbitals was chosen to yield an in-plane
orbital moment of almost 3μB." Did you pick the same occupancy? Did you
explore the different orbital occupancy states to see which was lowest in
energy?

Particularly for 4f states, but others as well, there can be multiple
spin/orbital states and it is easy to be trapped in one which may be higher
in energy (or not).

--
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi