[Wien] Wien2k 16 siteconfig_lapw error

Ingo Loa I.Loa at ed.ac.uk
Tue Dec 13 19:22:37 CET 2016

I also encountered this problem with a standard ifort configuration
(system I). As far as I can see, the error occurs if no FFTW_LIBS are
specified. Lines 143 onwards in siteconfig_lapw seem to assume that
FFTW_LIBS is set to some path:

set FFTWpath = `grep FFTW_LIBS $bin/WIEN2k_OPTIONS | cut -f 3 -d:
|cut -f 3 -d ' ' | cut -c3-`
set i=`echo $FFTWpath|wc`
iloop:
@ i[3] -= 1
set test=`echo $FFTWpath|cut -c$i[3]`
if("$test" != "/") goto iloop
if( $i[3] < 1 ) set i[3]=1
set FFTWpath = `echo $FFTWpath|cut -c1-$i[3]`

It may be enough to skip this part if FFTW_LIBS (or FFTWpath) is empty.

Ingo

At 13/12/2016  17:19, you wrote:
>Nobody can reproduce this, when you don't tell us what "system" you
>specified and also what other options you selected.
>
>Is it one of the "supported" ones (ifort or gfortran )?
>
>Am 13.12.2016 um 17:42 schrieb Kefeng Wang:
>>Dear WIEN2k developers and users,
>>

>>Thanks a lot for effort to make the new version available. I am trying
>>to compile the WIEN2k 16, but I got problem running siteconfig_law. For
>>the first time running siteconfig_lapw, after I specified the compiler
>>and compile option, the screen shows "cut: fields and positions are
>>numbered from 1" and stop there. If I force to quite the siteconfig_lapw
>>and run it again, it gave nothing but that message again. Did anybody
>>meet this and could help me out?
>>

>>Thanks.
>>

>>Best
>>
>>Kefeng Wang

>--

Dr Ingo Loa                                     Tel: +44 131 6517212
The University of Edinburgh
School of Physics and Astronomy
   and Centre for Science at Extreme Conditions
King's Buildings, Edinburgh EH9 3FD, United Kingdom

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.