[Wien] incorrect band splitting when RLO added for a system with spatial inversion

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 15 15:30:56 CET 2016

Is this all converged with respect to EMAX in case.in1 ???

So from your figure one would find that these bands at EF are affected
by >0.1 eV when you add a p1/2 basis function at -8 Ry ????

This sounds VERY strange to me and I don't know if one can explain this
by an "orthogonality effect" (If the 5p-1/2 state is better described
due to this basis, the 6p-1/2 must be orthogonal to them and thus are
also affected).

What I would do is to check what comes out by putting the 5p in core,
but then try to add a RLO with an energy=0.3 (a 6p-RLO).

Charge leakage does not seem to have an effect as seen in your plot or
according to your statement that you get the same reults with a
different RMT.