[Wien] case.clmsum_so and case.clmsum files

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Feb 1 20:41:34 CET 2016

The case.clmsum_sofile is just a temporary file created by initso_lapw
from the normal (non-so) case.clmsum. (because in spin-polarized
calculations symmetry could be reduced by so and some atomic positions
could split into non-equivalent sites. Thus case.clmsup/up/dn files need
to be modified to account for the additional non-equivalent atoms and
this is stored temporarely in clmsum_so.

In WIEN2k it is ALWAYS  case.clmsum  which contains the density of an
scf cycle, both, with or without spin-orbit.