[Wien] scf2forces

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Feb 13 05:29:09 CET 2016

I have almost no experience with the Phonopy package, but I did some
looking into it.

What version of Phonopy are you using?

What scf2forces package are you using?  I was able to get the same error
messages with the package SRC_scf2forces_old_format.tar.gz from the
WIEN2k unsupported page [ http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/unsupported/ ].
So I suspect that you are likely using
SRC_scf2forces_old_format.tar.gz.  That package requires that the
version of Phonopy that you are using be before 0.9.4.

If you are using phonopy 0.9.4 or newer, you would need to use
SRC_scf2forces.tar.gz on the WIEN2k unsupported page.  I tried
SRC_scf2forces.tar.gz with the latest Phonopy 1.10.0 [
https://sourceforge.net/projects/phonopy/files/phonopy/phonopy-1.10/ ],
but I don't know if the scf2forces package has been maintained to keep
its compatibility with the Phonopy package as it crashed when I ran it
with a forrtl: severe error.  Though, that might be because I gave it
bad input or there could be a problem with my executable.

On the other hand, instead of using scf2forces, I used the experimental
support option in Phonopy 1.10.0 [
http://atztogo.github.io/phonopy/wien2k.html#wien2k-interface ]:

phonopy --wien2k -f case-001.scf case-002.scf

I don't know if it produced the correct FORCE_SETS, but it ran fine
(there were no errors) and created the FORCE_SETS file.

I hope that helps.