[Wien] basic-question-about-PORT-mini

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Feb 16 19:05:27 CET 2016

The whole procedure is managed by the script min_lapw.

It starts an scf cycle (run_lapw ...)
then it calls   the  program mini  (x mini)
and this program reads the struct file and forces (also of previous
steps) and eventually uses the PORT method to calculate the new atomic
positions (including the proper symmetry) and writes a new case.struct file.
min_lapw then initiatess another scf cycle and this goes on untile
forces are small.