[Wien] Error in lapw2 running in the LDA+U calculation in parallel mode

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Jan 2 00:15:51 CET 2016

Since the crash happens in lapw2, in the lapw2para_lapw script file, it
looks like messages might be written to the .time2_*, .stdout2_*, or
:parallel files depending on the settings in your parallel_options and
.machines file.  So you could try checking for error messages in these
files with something like:

cat .time2_*
cat .stdout2_*
cat :parallel

You might also have to run the last command given in the :log file by
itself or look into the input/output files for the program (refer to
'Table 4.3: Input and output files of main programs in an SCF cycle' in
the WIEN2k usersguide) that crashed to determine the cause of the error
[
http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2008-December/011904.html
].

Based on reports of the "Error in SUMPARA" before [
http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2007-June/009291.html ,
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg05637.html
], it might happen if a case.scf2* file cannot be found.