[Wien] spin-orbit in L2,3 (or M4,5) ELNES

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 11 09:16:28 CET 2016

ELNES should calculate the spin-orbit splitting of the core state
automatically (or you can specify it explicitly in the input).

However, it still uses a single particle, final state approximation and
a statistical branching ration (2:3 for L2,3), so it is useless to
repeat the calculations with a core-hole in p-1/2 and another one in
p-3/2. This will give identical results.

When you want to include SO for the valence electrons, be sure to
calculate the x lapwso step and the qtls with so !!