[Wien] the sequence of doing +U and SOC in a GGA+U+SOC calculation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 21 11:23:06 CET 2016

In addition to what Fabien was saying:

If you are using 14.2 there was a fix for the off-diagonal
matrix-elements and when doing  LDA+U AND spin-orbit, one should
probably change

runsp -orb -so      to

runsp -orb -so -orbdu

This is a suggestion from Jan Kunes, personally I have no experience
with it, but it may be of importance for certain cases.

Regards