[Wien] error in nn

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Thu Jan 28 06:13:24 CET 2016

Dr. Chakrabarti,

Some comments off the mailing list.

Yes, it is due to an error in the struct file.

To determine why you are getting the error, you would need to provide
the struct file and explain how the struct file was created (Was it
created by hand, w2web's StructGen, makestruct_lapw, or from another
program like "x sgroup".

As you can see in the error message, the error occurred on line 138 in
nn.f.  In your path you have WIEN2K_14, so it looks like you are using
one of the WIEN2k 14.x versions.  Assuming that you are using WIEN2k
14.2, if you check line 138 in SRC_nn/nn.f, it has on that line in the
source code:

       read(20,17) A(1),A(2),A(3),alpha,beta,gamma

So it looks like the program failed to read your lattice parameters
(lattice constants and lattice angles).

The program expects to read float values for lattice parameters on line
4 in the struct file.  However, if it reads something else like words
(characters) instead, that might be the cause of this error.

Kind Regards,

Gavin