[Wien] How to simulate the spin reorientation in the magnetic study

Víctor Luaña Cabal victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es
Thu Jun 16 15:06:12 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 12:41:49PM +0100, Abderrahmane Reggad wrote:
> Thanks Mr Victor for your reply
>
> I have learned from the literature that spin-orbit coupling is involved in
> the spin orientation .
>
> Even for a ferromagnetic or a antiferromagnetic state , the spins have
> different orientations. How can we determine the orientation of the spins
> according to the use of the spin-orbit coupling ?

My best advise for you is: examine the tutorial materials
created for wien2k and try to learn from there. See
<http://www.wien2k.at/events/index.html> where you have lots of
materials to learn. The ones for the 2016 school at McMaster is now
accessible. Next time perhaps you will be able to ask some very good
questions.

Have a good time studying,
                          Dr. Víctor Luaña
--
     .  .    "Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to
    / `' \   think what nobody else has thought"-- Albert Szent-Gyorgi
 |  \'`'`/  | actitud" -- Jorge Wasenberg, 2015
 |  |'`'`|  | (Mediocre is worse than good, but it is also worse than
  \/`'`'`'\/  bad, because mediocrity is not a grade, it is an attitude)
! Dr.Víctor Luaña, in silico chemist & prof. !
! Departamento de Química Física y Analítica !
! Universidad de Oviedo, 33006-Oviedo, Spain !
! e-mail:   victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es   !
! phone: +34-985-103491  fax: +34-985-103125 !