[Wien] Lapw0 parallel

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Jun 24 16:30:45 CEST 2016

In the WIEN2k 14.2 userguide [
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf ] on page 80, it
says:

/lapw0_mpi is parallelized over the number of atoms and with a parallel
FFT, which is important in case you have large FFT grids. This method
leads to good scalability as long as there are more atoms than processors./

As the second sentence above says, you can use 128 cores or less, but
you should NOT use more cores than that.

In the post at that link, the structure had 8 atoms, but the .machines
file was set to use 48 cores.  So the .machines file needed to be
changed to not use more than 8 cores.