[Wien] Regarding mBJ plus U

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Mar 8 14:33:32 CET 2016

How many cycles did the calculation run for and what did you set for the
maximum number of iterations (i.e., the number that you set for the -i
option)?

If you did not use the -i option, just

run_lapw or runsp_lapw

The program will run up to 40 cycles by default.

It is common for a mBJ calculation to not be able to reach converge
within 40 cycles [1-3], which is why it suggests during the running of
init_mbj that you increase the maximum number of interactions.  The
example the init_mbj script gives is to set -i to 80:

run_lapw -i 80 (or runsp_lapw -i 80)

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg06119.html
[2]