[Wien] Crystal structure that XCrySDen cannot visualize

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Thu Mar 10 21:29:07 CET 2016

Thank you Lyudmila,
        I am using the XCrySDen-1.5.25, and maybe it is why I am having this problem.
It is a curious problem that does not worry me;
If I put an atom in an hexagonal cell;
a=b=4A, c=5A
Atom 1: 0,0,0
Atom 2: x,x, y
the system changes to 8 Cm and I cannot visualize it, but if I change gamma by a small angle then I have no problem, and if I do not change the angle I can go and calculate the electronic properties.
If c=6A then I do not have this problem.

On the other hand I am studying
Gd + H2O -> GdO + H2

            Pablo