[Wien] BSE

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 22 11:39:14 CET 2016

Hard to say.

Please note: BSE is run only once (or a few times to check convergence),
but no scf cycle and in particular no structure optimization. Thus TIME
is usually not so much of a problem, but it is "quality" of computer.

A 16 atom cell for BSE needs probably huge memory and you may need at
least 512 cores (32 nodes a 16 cores, each with 64-128GB RAM) with a
FAST infiniband for 3 days for a single run.

And: it does NOT run on 64 cores only (even not in 3 weeks)
      it does not run without fast network