[Wien] runsp_lapw in bash

Víctor Luaña Cabal victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es
Mon Mar 28 09:30:44 CEST 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 11:11:25PM -0700, Yundi Quan wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working on a supercomputer which doesn't have csh on their computing
> nodes. But they do have bash shell enabled. Is there a runsp_lapw and x
> script written in bash?

csh and bash are rather similar to convert yourself the tool, but it will need
some time to check that everything works perfectly. Here are some pages than can
help you:

<http://joelinoff.com/blog/?page_id=235>
This is a short description of both shells in comparison.

<http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/bash/bash-80/bash/examples/misc/cshtobash>
This short bash script does a useful transcription from csh to bash.
Start with the txt, non colored page.

Good luck,
           Víctor

--
     .  .    "In science a person can be convinced by a good argument.
    / `' \   That is almost impossible in politics or religion"
 |  \'`'`/  | actitud" -- Jorge Wasenberg, 2015
 |  |'`'`|  | (Mediocre is worse than good, but it is also worse than
  \/`'`'`'\/  bad, because mediocrity is not a grade, it is an attitude)
! Dr.Víctor Luaña, in silico chemist & prof. !
! Departamento de Química Física y Analítica !
! Universidad de Oviedo, 33006-Oviedo, Spain !
! e-mail:  <victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es>  !
! phone: +34-985-103491  fax: +34-985-103125 !