[Wien] cohesive energy

Zsolt Rak zsolt.rak at gmail.com
Fri May 13 20:45:55 CEST 2016

Thank you Prof. Blaha,

Your explanation makes sense. Of course an alternative method to calculate
formation and cohesive energies  would be to combine experimental data with
DFT energies, such as the method described in Phys. Rev. B 85, 115104
(2012). This way one would avoid calculations of metallic/gaseous phases
and of free atoms.

Thanks,
Zsolt