[Wien] Integral of DOS

Toshiyuki Fukumoto fukumoto.toshiyuki at d.mbox.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Wed May 18 15:46:54 CEST 2016

Dear WIEN2k users,

I would like to ask a question about the DOS calculations with WEIN2k.

I calculated the DOS of TiC following the user guide and
ascertained that the behavior of DOS corresponded with that in the user
guide.

Also, I tried to check wether or not the integral of DOS is correct.
While the number of electrons in TiC per unit cell is 14
(=(22*4+6*4)/8),
however, the integral of DOS in "case.outputt" shown below is 16,

>NUMBER OF ELECTRONS UP TO EF       : 16.0002 .

My question:
Although, it is said that the number of electrons can be underestimated
in previous email titled "[Wien] missing electrons"
(http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2004-August/003226.html),
is it overestimated in this case?

Or do I seem to misunderstand something ?

Thank you very much in advance for your kind answers.

Best Regards,
Toshiyuki Fukumoto