[Wien] Integral of DOS

Toshiyuki Fukumoto fukumoto.toshiyuki at d.mbox.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Thu May 19 11:33:53 CEST 2016

Dear WIEN2k users and Dr. Tran,

Thank you so much for taking your time for the advice, Dr. Tran.

However, I am a little confused now because, in mailing list,
some previous emails say that the unit of DOS is States/Ry/N.
Here, according to the emails below, "N" is the number of the formula
unit.
(http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2011-October/015586.html
,
http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2011-September/015426.html)

So, for the DOS of TiC, even if the core electrons are not excluded,
the integral of the DOS does not seem to be greater than 14 (= 28/2).

Is my guess incorrect ?

Actually, if the unit is States/Ry, I can understand the situation.
I could not get the integral of DOS greater than 16 even with low Emin
(~ -100).
It seems to be difficult to obtain the integral greater than 16
because the DOS of core electrons is too sharp peak.

Thank you for your help, again.

Best Regards,
Toshiyuki Fukumoto