[Wien] imaginary dielectric function at nonzero q

Karel Vyborny vybornyk at fzu.cz
Mon May 23 15:22:22 CEST 2016

Hello,
in addition to what Gavin wrote, I'd remark that the implementation of
finite q AC conductivity (which is simply related to the dielectric
function) should not be difficult. Instead of taking (2.17) in

https://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/0402523v1.pdf

you'd use Eq. 2.15 before the limit in q is taken, that's all. This is a
standard Kubo formula result (for conductivity or epsilon). However, you
should first sit back and think how large the q of interest will be. If it
is much smaller than any reasonable k-mesh finesse (I mean \Delta k
between two adjacent k-points) then you are out of luck.

Karel

--- x ---
dr. Karel Vyborny
Fyzikalni ustav AV CR, v.v.i.